<Good job Wonderman. You’ve got their attention, now be witty, non preachy and brief>
Tiz the season… but tiz the season for what? For giving? Come on half of you give because of varied predisposed social obligations, <WAIT DON’T CLICK OFF THE BLOG FOR DUCK DYNASTY!> I swear I have a point! Now don’t feel bad about this, were all human and our high level social structure separates us from our fellow animals. We know right from wrong, choice and all that Adam and Eve goodness.
Right from wrong… I think we need an aside here. < I know he’s veering again> bear with me. <NO REALLY, Duck Dynasty can’t be that interesting…>I was a white knight type of a kid. I did everything that was right, spent too much time avoiding what was wrong. I idolized the White hats and scorned the Black…. Then I turned twenty five. I began to see alot of grey. This isn’t to say I had never seen bad in people, but my perceptions made me see generally bad people, who sometimes did good. I believed it to be at their core, but truth in fact they are just people. Ok, ok, look at this, we revere antiques because they have character, we excuse infants for they know no better and we love old people for their great experience but we never we do the same for those of us that fall in-between. We forget cause its easier and to hate our peers it just allows us to not look at ourselves in the proverbial mirror. Tiz the season… for understanding?
The only glue we have are for our broken selves are our convictions, its our way of figuring things out and pressing on. Those convictions turn us into bigots and they also make us saints, it all depends on the events, the person and their unique interactions.
The most jarring experience I ever had was to meet someone I idolized. I spent alot of time around them, I was subject to their worst. This, crushed me, but as time went on I also saw their drive, their kindness their want for forgiveness and I came to know some of their dreams and I saw them make fresh mistakes. I found myself confused, how could someone with such good also be so utterly awful then in their own imperfect way remorseful I saw the most important thing I needed see about them… their weakness. I realized they were lost, in a fashion even more so than I ever was. We were the same no better no worse.
This Christmas I was made to feel very appreciated by those around me, from old friends to new additions to my family but amidst the <MANY> awesome presents and the ham and the cake and my thoughts drifted to the people around me. Friends gained and friends lost. Enemies created and turned ally. This 25th I have lived long enough to see the best of us die heroes and last long enough to become the villains.
This season I have known hate, hesitation, apathy & deceit. I have known, ambition as well as procrastination. I have come to try to accept and to forgive… myself.
I am broken and I have only my glue, If can accept my broken vessel well then all others, they’ll just look like cherished antiques. So Tiz the season to be human!
1. I love presents! WHY? CAUSE I LOVE GETTING STUFF ABSTRACT AND SOLID!!! and I also enjoy being REMEMBERED! because it fuels our own narcissistic feelings of self worth and there is nothing wrong with that, because that.
2. I love giving! WHY? Cause socially I am obliged to do so and through socialization, I am obliged to show respect to the people who have been there for me and when I do they feel happy why? because see statement # 1
3. I am a bastard, and so are all the rest of you but that’s OK! ^_^. I love all of you. I genuinely do.We have all done wrong and we all have our glue. Who am I to not accept you when I am no better. Casting first stones and all.
4. I will wake up tomorrow and do the complete opposite of all my thoughts here because I am weak and prone to shame preferring to indulge my vanity rather than face my self. When I do, I will remember this blog and I will forgive myself and once again get back onto the proverbial horse.
5. I will forgive myself, day in and day out and I will admit I need and love all of you especially the ones I don’t want.
6. I will be humble. The fact I am awesome allows me to saw so!
Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks for the awesome presents everyone and I remember, accept, love and forgive all of you but can you do that for yourselves? If you can this holiday may just be the sweeter for you and yours.
Wait … I think this still came off preachy and pretentious…… I better save the blog….. “I love tits and this Christmas a woman’s place is in the Kitchen………..” I may have gone too far……………….. O_O
GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😛